Mothers Day is coming round fast, (11th March for those who don’t know), time to get your gifts purchased and days out planned.
Below are some ideas to help you out. I feel I need to take a look at this page myself.
1. Jo Malone Candle – £45.00, 200g, available in multiple fragrances. My personal favourite is pomegranate noir, (cliche, I know), the candle burns for 45 hours the only problem is you want to burn it constantly once you get it. Jo Malone packaging is divine, if you have never bought from it, i’d go just for the packaging.
2. L’Occitane Petite Hand Creams – £9.00, 3x10ml, Travel size hand creams suitable for you handbag. As a nurse i’m an advit fan of hand creams and I highly recommend L’Occitane ones. They are very nourishing for your hands and don’t leave them greasy. You can also purchase the larger size of hand creams, (Classic Hand Cream Trio, £22.00, 3x30mls).
3. Emma Bridgewater Mug – £19.95, 1/2 Pint mug. This lovely mug is available in multiple styles and the china is very hard wearing.
4. Carolina Herrera Good Girl Eau de Parfum – £50, 30ml. I have this, get it! I am usually one to stick to the same perfume however I got this as a gift, it is lovely. The bottle style is just an added bonus.
5. Chanel Gabrielle Eau de Parfum – £79, 50ml. How can you go wrong with Chanel? This is the newest perfume they have released. If this one isn’t for you why not try Chanel Chance or Coco Mademoiselle?
6. Gucci Bloom Eau de Parfum – £72, 50ml. Gucci Bloom is the newest fragrance and as the name suggests it definitely ‘blooms’ throughout wearing it. Very fresh and a good choice for spring.
The fragrances I’ve selected all tend to be on the higher end of the price scale, however I do feel if you are going to wear and smell of something all day its better to spend that bit extra to get better quality. The likelihood is it’ll last longer and make you feel better about yourself.
There are hundreds of perfumes available, I am just giving some ideas to help you along the way or else we’d be here forever.
Jo Malone have also introduced their new collection ‘English Fields‘. I have yet to smell these but the packaging makes me want to buy them anyway.
7. Benefit BADgal Bang Mascara – £21.50. I recently purchased this for myself and I think everyone should have it. I’ve always been a fan of Benefit mascara and this just ticks all the boxes for me, it lengthens, adds volume and is long lasting.
8. Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette – £39.50. This is the new eye-shadow palette from urban decay. It has such warm shades which are very striking on all skin tones. With matte to glitter shades you can use this palette to go from day to night. It is also available in the Petite Heat Palette – £26, it consists of 6 shades all very neutral based. If this is anything like the other palettes from Urban Decay it is sure to sell out.
9. YSL Lipstick – Rouge Pur Couture Dazzling Lights Edition – £28. This lipstick is definitely a bit of luxury and surely your mum deserves that. If red isn’t her thing it is available in multiple other shades. Even try some of the other lipsticks in the YSL collection.
As you all know I am a massive fan of Charlotte Tilbury skincare and makeup range so to avoid turning this into a blog about that, just go and buy it. Trying to limit it to select products has been difficult especially as they have introduced new lipstick shades recently.
10. Hollywood Flawless Filter – £30. This is new product for Charlotte Tilbury, defined as a ‘complexion booster which has the versatility of a face primer, with the mega-watt glow of a highlighter and the perfecting properties of your favourite digital filter’. There are multiple shades available for you to find the perfect match. I have definitely added this to my wish list.
11. Wonderglow – £38.50. Wonderglow is a face primer which has been talked about by so many people. I have only ever had a sample and I loved it. Primer is one thing I don’t normally wear but feel I may have to. What are you thoughts? Could this be next on my list?
12. Pillow Talk Lipstick – £24. This is just one of the many lipstick shades which are fabulous. I would say it is reasonably priced for a lipstick, it really depends on your own budget. It doesn’t dry your lips out and lasts which is one of the main concerns for lippy these days. If this colour isn’t for you check through the site and see what else you like or go to the counter, staff are very helpful.
Why not send your mum some flowers? Let her know you are thinking off her. One of my favourite ways to send flowers is through Bloom & Wild, they come via the post. This still seems like a novelty to me. Or why not pop down to your local florist and get some? Flip even Tesco and Asda do flowers….!
You could even take your mum out for afternoon tea? Head for dinner and drinks? A spa day or even a spa voucher? Is your mum a book worm, how about a kindle? Or does she love to bake? What about an apron?
There are so many different things available and at the end of the day it is the thought behind it all that really counts.
These are only some small suggestions to help get you all started!
Let me know you all get on shopping!
The Fashion Hideaway xo
P.S. Don’t forget a card!!